A blog about my adventures as a teacher and a traveler.
At the moment, my focus is on two trips to the village of Pommern, Tanzania,
in Africa with the organization Global Volunteers -- one in 2010 and one in 2012.



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

After a Long Hiatus...

Thank you, Mrs. Timmins, for teaching me the word "hiatus" so that I can sound smart! I just wanted to update that I will be traveling to Tanzania this summer with the organization Global Volunteers.

My primary duty, I believe, will be to teach English at a school in the village of Pommern. Of course, as anyone who has traveled to Africa can attest, one can never plan too far ahead because the next thing you know, the plans will change. I could end up teaching some other subject, building something with my amazing carpentry skills, or who knows what other kinds of tasks I might find.

Any way you slice it, I am very excited, albeit nervous, for my adventure!

5 comments:

Joan said...

That's exciting! I'll look forward to reading about your adventure!

Alison said...

How did I not know about this blog?? And is that my mom commenting there?

Karen said...

This blog was created LONG ago and then quickly abandoned -- and never advertised!

Joan said...

Yes, it is! :)

Ken said...

Seems kind of strange to have a neighborhood conversation in "the cloud"... :-)