A blog about my adventures as a teacher and a traveler.
At the moment, my focus is on two trips to the village of Pommern, Tanzania,
in Africa with the organization Global Volunteers -- one in 2010 and one in 2012.



Sunday, July 1, 2012

Excuses and Exciting News

Well, not that I should feel compelled to report my excuses for not updating this blog for nearly 2 years, but here goes anyway.  Basically, I got busy with a new school year, and then the following summer I changed jobs and moved back to my hometown so was busy with that process, and then I got busy with another school year.  Now it's summer again, and today is the day to continue blogging about my adventures in Tanzania.  Thankfully, I kept a handwritten journal while I was there, so I have a reference point for sharing more stories.

But my new attempts to blog again have been prompted by....Exciting News.  I am returning to Pommern, Tanzania, with Global Volunteers in a week and a half, and I can't wait!  It only seems right that I wrap up sharing the highlights of my first trip before I leave for another one.  And for the record, when I go to Tanzania this time, I plan on taking my laptop with me (I can type so much faster than I can write by hand) so that I can write journal entries and blog posts while I'm there and upload blog posts when I find internet or when I get back home.  Sounds like a good plan to me!


No comments: