A blog about my adventures as a teacher and a traveler.
At the moment, my focus is on two trips to the village of Pommern, Tanzania,
in Africa with the organization Global Volunteers -- one in 2010 and one in 2012.



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tutaonana

Tutaonana! (That's "Good-bye!" in Swahili.)

I leave tomorrow for my travel experience. I will have a long layover in Paris where I will get to meet up with a good friend from junior high and high school, Laura. We'll spend some time together seeing the sights, and then I'll fly on to Tanzania.

I don't fully know what to expect for Internet or how often I might be able to post, but I'll see what I can do. Until then, I'm heading to a land of....

incredible wildlife,

Wildebeest, zebras, and giraffes in Etosha National Park, Namibia

amazing scenery,

Ruacana Falls, along the Namibia/Angola border

and fascinating people.

A beautiful girl in Philipi, South Africa

See you soon! Tutaonana!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I didn't know you were going to Paris! (Did I?) Are you meeting up with Laura Potratz? Hope you have a fun time, and safe travels on your journey to Africa after that.